How to Add Green Colors to Existing Interior Design and Decor
Green colors are versatile and can be used for any room decorating and outdoor living spaces. Light and dark green color shades blend interior design and decor with the nature, turning rooms and backyard patios into natural retreats that are inviting, fresh and pleasant. Combined with white, yellow, blue, brown colors, green color turn living spaces into tranquil, elegant and harmonious places. Other bright colors, mixed with light and dark green color shades make rooms and outdoor living spaces look fabulous, welcoming, vivid and energizing.
Bright and dynamic or elegant and calming, green color schemes blend natural colors of trees and grass with comfortable and pleasant colors of the sky, clouds, tree branches and blooming flowers. Green color schemes always feel natural and fresh. Natural green colors are excellent for creating a nice background and accentuating modern interior design.
Pastel green color tones feels almost neutral, allowing to create modern interior design and decor in various styles. Bright color accents add energy to soothing green color schemes, create balance and harmony, and turn peaceful rooms furnished with green furniture, decorative fabrics and green accessories into interesting and modern home interiors.
Interior design and decor in green colors
Green color meanings
Green is the color symbol of stability, growth, new beginning and continuity. The combination of light and dark green colors symbolically opens new horizons and encourages fresh ideas. Green colors are inspiring. Interior designers and decorators love green color shades that are associated with stability and prosperity, blending traditions with new ideas.
How to add green colors to existing interior design color schemes
1. Experiment with a few dark and light green color shades or pastel tones, adding unique green accessories to your interior design. Light green wall paint colors, beautiful wallpapers with a green leaves pattern and floral designs, wall stickers, floor rugs, curtain fabrics, decorative pillows, green vases and house plants help to add green colors to your interior design and decor and bring personality into your living spaces.
2. Use light and dark green color shades in your interior design color schemes, creating depth and interesting monochromatic color combinations and spice up your interior design and decor with bright, contrasting and complimenting home furnishings, floor and wall decor ideas.
3. Green colors are great for everyday and holiday table decoration. Green lights and decorative fabrics can brighten up your dining room decor for St. Patrick’s Day, Easter and Christmas. Dining table decoration for your birthday party or any spring and summer party decor, created with color schemes that include green color shades, looks fresh, youthful, elegant and pleasant.
4. Purchase or make green lamp shades, window curtains, floor rugs, wall art works, bed covers and cushions to feel the joy and beauty that spring-like green colors add to modern interior design and decor. Dark green color shades feel cozy and comfortable, especially when combined with wooden furniture and decor.
5. House plants are excellent, beautiful and cheap ideas for adding green color shades and unique texture to your interior design and decor. These green accessories will decorate your rooms in elegant eco style and create healthier home environment and pleasant look.
by Ena Russ
Related articles and sponsored content
More from paint colors